Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
If you wish, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.priv.gc.ca.
*In this Policy, “customer”, “you” or “your” includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with products or services (including claims services) by Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited, including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.
Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will collect, use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and financial products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or insurers;
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited and Meadowvale Insurance Brokers Ltd. for the purposes of acquiring an insurance contract (including information previously provided to Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited and Meadowvale Insurance Brokers Ltd.);
- Your express consent of acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited and Meadowvale Insurance Brokers Ltd. for a specified purpose;
- Your consent, given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited at 905-844-9232.
Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Spriggs Insurance Brokers Limited will protect your Personal Information via security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary, depending on the sensitivity format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access
When you call us, we may confirm your Personal Information and you may be directed to send us certain requests in writing.